Monday 7 July 2008

WHIRLWIND HITS IMELDA!

Whirlwind Milly hit the town of Imelda last night, a quick but deadly assault which took out the water tower and the backyard of "the spirit of the times" newspaper office!

I was quietly laying out my town just to check for gaps before commisioning Colin to build a few more fantastic buildings, when Milly my eight month old mastiff puppy lumbered into the room. With one paw she managed to take out the backyard and the water tower, before i managed to grab her and push her out of the room before the whole town was destroyed. I feel i got off quite lightly and have learned my lesson, "Do not put your lovely cherished buildings on the floor where they might be stamped on"!
Anyway i have now come up with my wishlist, mainly from perusing the fantastic photos which can be found on http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/ a great site for reference material and a fun idea for a holiday travelling around the US of A photographing old ghost towns (trouble is i dont think my wife would agree).

the destruction from above.....

The rear yard......

The wrecked water tower and yard....

What MILLY had to say about the incident.....

MILLY and my Boxer dog ODIN recovering after a game of rugby...

1 comment:

Eli Arndt said...

You know a pieceo f terrain is nicely made and well detailed when an unintentionally stressed and damaged version of it looks like it might have been built that way.

My first thought on seeing this pictures was, "Oh cool, damaged structure terrain for Old West gaming. Not something you see often."

-Eli